Thursday, July 16, 2009

third person thursday

it wasn't until her trip to their storage,
that she realized how much she misses her stuff.

not so much her stuff, but having a place of their own,
for her stuff.

she misses using her colorful dishes, her framed pictures of her boys and family,
the throw pillows she sewed all by herself, her junk drawer full of randomness, all her craft supplies,
and even her ugly futon that is centuries old, that the mister refused to throw out.

years and years of stuff collected together, in a 5'x15' storage unit.

she is hopeful though,
that one day soon,
she will be able to unpack all those boxes,
hang up all those mirrors and picture frames,
toss those throw pillows on her new couch,
and call some place own her home.

she is hopeful.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I am hopeful for you too! meanwhile wanna come help me unpack? I can't seem to get motivated! I know you wanna...

Mary said...

lol thanks marie..
oh and you know i would be there in a heartbeat to help you unpack and organize. ;)